WHAT IS CEREZEN™?
Cerezen™ is a revolutionary medical device that effectively treats jaw pain and the symptoms associated with teeth grinding and clenching.
The two custom-made, 3D printed hollow inserts sit in each ear canal:the nearest access point to the temporomandibular joint. While the pain relief Cerezen™ provides is profound, the inserts themselves are discrete and almost invisible. With small tabs for easy insertion and removal, they are comfortable to wear because they are custome made for you.
HOW DOES CEREZEN™ WORK?
When you move your jaw, your ear canal also opens and closes. As the ear canal is so close to the temporomandibular joint, it is the perfect place to target the source of your symptoms.
When your Cerezen™ devices are inserted into the er canal, they retain the shape of your ear canal in the open jaw position because they are made from a 3D printed rigid material. They effectively encourage the jaw to return to an 'open bite' position.
The result is a reduction in grinding, clenching and the amount of pain you experience.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CEREZEN™ OVER A NORMAL BITE SPLINT?
- Cerezen™ can easily be worn during the night or day, even when your are eating
- There are no adverse effects on speech and hearing
- Cerezen™ is a conservative treatment so there are no negative log-term effect
WHAT IS THE PROCESS
If you suffer from the effects of TMD there are 3 easy steps to pain relief
- Arrange a appointment with Jane at Higher Lane Dental Practice
- Jane will assess your symptoms and whether Cerezen™ is right for you
- We will need to take impressions of your ear canals
- You will receive your 3D printed, custom-made devices after approximately two weeks